Request to reserve the CAS space for an event
Stanford students and faculty can request to reserve the CAS space (127 Encina Commons) for groups of more than five people by filling out the form below. Please note that we require you to submit the space request one week in advance of your event, and we will reply within two working days.
You must be affiliated with Stanford in order to request use of the space.
Your event must be held during regular business hours (Tue - Thu: 8 am - 4 pm). Once a new associate director is present, after-hours access will be revisited.
- Alcohol and amplified sound/music are not allowed.
- No tape, push pins or nails are allowed on any wood or painted surface.
- No external door to the arcade or inner courtyard may be propped open. If after hours, group leaders will be given card reader access for the time of the event.
- No leftover food or open drink containers should be left in the Center.
To maintain our space, and in the spirit of consistency with the policy of other centers within SGS, we kindly ask that food not be served at the Center unless it's pre-approved and directly relevant to your event. If you want to provide food, please inform us of your food plans, how it relates to your event, and your plans for clearing the food afterward.
If food and beverages are served for more than 20 participants, a PSSI work order for compost, trash, and recycling bins is required.
It is your responsibility to return the space to its original condition. Please be sure to complete the following before leaving:
- Return chairs, tables, and other furniture to their original order. (A general lounge set-up is okay in the main space.)
- Place all recycling/compost/garbage in the appropriate bins.
- Wipe down surfaces.
- Ensure all dishes and utensils are clean and placed in the dish drying rack, and that kitchen counters are cleaned. If the coffee maker is used, make sure it is clean.
- If there is leftover food, please make sure that it is covered, labeled with the date and placed in the refrigerator on the left side of the kitchen. All food is cleared from the refrigerator on Friday afternoon.
- Turn off the equipment and lights.
- Ensure everyone is out of the space, and all the doors are closed and locked.
- You are responsible for any and all damages.